Hi Potential Intern!
We are thrilled to consider you for our 2023 Summer Internship Program. You can expect great things from the program this next year. You’ll have the chance to see the inner workings of a church, to serve across several ministries while concentrating on one area, and to explore your potential call to vocational ministry.
We have several opportunities this summer to serve in:
- Student Ministry (reaching middle school and high school)
- Children’s Ministry (reaching children in 1st through 5th grade)
- Preschool Ministry (reaching children from birth through kindergarten years)
- Missions & Community Ministries (through our Caring Centers and local missional opportunities)
- Worship Ministry (working with praise teams, choir, orchestra, and student choirs)
- Discipleship Ministry (working with adults, classes, and community groups)
- Volunteer & Women's Ministries (working with volunteers and women of all ages)
Our ten-week program starts on Monday, May 22, and concludes on Sunday, August 6, with one week off TBD. There is a $3,000 stipend for working with us for ten weeks. Through the internship, you will dive deep into the community and ministries of FBC Tulsa.
Requirements to apply:
- Heartfelt relationship with Christ
- A great sense of humor and a passion for developing people
- A servant heart and hunger to serve people
- High School Graduate (by time of internship)
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a background check
If you’d like to learn more about the Internship or you’d like to apply, send an email to Dave McPherson. Applicants should send a resume, cover letter indicating which area of ministry they’d prefer to serve in, and at least two references who know you well and are not related to you.
*Passport highly recommended. We are exploring options for a group mission/ministry trip this summer.
"This summer has been such a wonderful experience! I had the sweet opportunity to work with preschoolers several days of the week and pour the love of God into their lives. But, where I saw the Lord work the most was in the staff, and their hard work to prepare for events and love on the members of the church. I thank my Lord when I think of how this internship has strengthened my relationship with Him, given me new friends and mentors, and the opportunity I had to help make an impact on my church over the summer!"
- Elizabeth McCoy
"My internship last summer was an amazing experience! Seeing all the behind scenes work that goes into all the events brought to life is what really makes Student Ministry happen. The Lord moved not only in the students’ lives, but mine as well!"
"This summer has been such a fun learning experience! I came into this summer expecting to hang out with kids all the time, and have the most fun. While I did do that, I did so much more! I learned about the workings behind the scenes at the church, and the hard work that goes in to making Sundays, Wednesdays, and all events run smoothly. I built relationships with the other interns and staff members that I wouldn’t have otherwise had without this opportunity, and I have a new understanding to what ministry is. This internship allowed me to grow in my faith, in my relationships with others, and my relationship with the Church."
- Kennedy Fox
"Working as a summer intern has been extremely rewarding. I am so thankful for the opportunity to work in the Caring Center every morning and getting to know our clients. My relationship with God has deepened through learning what ministry is all about and through getting the chance to serve. It has been really fun getting to know the other interns and staff members better throughout this summer and I am so grateful for this experience."